Introduce Yourself Here to get Literacy Pack #1

Ask or share about Zhongwen Bu Mafan or using TPRS for Chinese.
twaltzing

Introduce Yourself Here to get Literacy Pack #1

Post by twaltzing » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Hi y'all,

Post a brief self-intro here and we'll email you the (free) Literacy Pack that goes with the free ZWBMF ClassPack 1.0.

And as always, don't be shy -- any questions or comments about the materials, this forum is the place. Well, maybe not this particular thread, but somewhere in this forum. You know. :mrgreen:

Terry

hhsmalaoshi

Re: Introduce Yourself Here to get Literacy Pack #1

Post by hhsmalaoshi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:40 am

我姓马,叫美亚。我活泼,开朗,爱说话。大家都叫我马老师。我教高中中文1-5. 我教书5年了,今年是我第一年用TPRS的方法教书。希望跟大家交流经验。谢谢 :D

WenchingChiang

Post by WenchingChiang » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:18 am

This is Wenching Chiang, 姜文静, I am currently teaching at middle school level for grade 6, 7 and 8th in East Hartford, Connecticut! I have three daughters, one dog and two cats. My school days are usually busy; summer time is even busier since there are different projects waiting to be finished and catching up and meeting friends! :D I am glad that this 论坛 is a place to meet and connect with people! Nice to meet you here!

ps. The black dog's name is Chester.

Yanpingwaldorf

Post by Yanpingwaldorf » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:24 am

Hello everyone! My name is Yanping. This is going to be my second year teaching at Credo High School, CA. I'm teaching level 1,2 and 3. I'm new to TPRS. I used some TPRS skills last year and had a three-day workshop with Terry this Summer. Very helpful! Getting excited to try more. I look forward to learning from everyone!

Weiweichien

Post by Weiweichien » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Terry,
Hi from weiwei.
Teaching chinese in St. Louis, been to Hawaii camp for 3 years, I am your loyal fan.
Love TPRS, using it and always want to learn more.
Say hi to Wu laoshi.
Weiwei

mlewis

Post by mlewis » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Hello! I'm Meghan, a Chinese language and culture teacher at a high school in Maine. This is the second year we have Chinese course offerings at the school and the first year we are offering Chinese 2. I'm new to TPRS, but I'm excited to test it out!

MaiLaoshi

Post by MaiLaoshi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:03 am

Hi Terry and everyone,

My name is Alexander McLeod or 迈杉德.

I teach in Melbourne, Australia. I've been trying to use TPRS for about 6 years without any face to face training until January this year.

Since the workshop, my TPRS classes have been better, but I still have a lot to learn.

I'm interested in getting the other teachers at my school on board. Let me know if you have advice about this.

xieyinhe

Post by xieyinhe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi all,

I'm Ngan or 谢老师。 My Chinese name is 谢银河。 I'm currently teaching middle school and high school Chinese at 'Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii. I received training from Terry at Hawaii STARTALK in 2014 and have been using TPRS and other CI methods ever since!

twaltzing

Post by twaltzing » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Yay! Hi everyone!

BTW, for some reason the system is demanding that posts be "approved by a moderator". I don't want that, but I can't figure out how to make it stop. I Googled it the other day and did what it said, but no change. :? I'll keep trying though.

fshawyu

Post by fshawyu » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:44 am

Hi my fellow colleagues in Chinese teaching,

Happy beginning of school year!
My name is Frances. I teach at Crocker Middle School in the Bay Area. I have been following Dr. Waltz on Facebook and have been trying TPRS the past 2 years. It was a pity that I could not attend Dr. Waltz workshop this summer in the Bay Area. I have tons of dangling questions that I want to ask about TPRS. Glad I found out about this forum!