How does this writing journal draft look like? Please comment!

Ask or share about Zhongwen Bu Mafan or using TPRS for Chinese.

twaltzing

Re: How does this writing journal draft look like? Please comment!

Post by twaltzing » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 pm

I like the top part...but I'm wondering if they would be ready with something to write every week. Or is that just the layout, and maybe it wouldn't be used every week? Or it's for higher levels? Just wondering!

gukaini

Post by gukaini » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:03 am

I like it! I think it's really cool. Do you teach date and weather at then beginning of Level 1?

Kristine

Post by Kristine » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:03 am

CCR (Cold Character Reading) is all about getting enough comprehended input in context.

I would focus student efforts on keeping a record of the reading and writing they are doing.
Students need LOTS of time to see 漢字 in context in order to assimilate them.
It is their Chinese Voice that is going to help their eyes attach shape to meaning.

(Fewer lists of words…that is for the teacher to manage, not for students to bother with. More time reading aloud. )

I would recommend student folders/notebooks (nice for continuing assessment) that include:

I. Texts I can read fluently:
Folder includes CCR text and a record of : when , where , to whom the text was read to
( record reading and re-reading to partners in class, as well as to the teacher)

II. 漢字 I will always remember because :
(students make up their own strategies for remembering 漢字 that they are having trouble recognizing or distinguishing between)

III. Copies of Completed Reading and Writing exercises:
( students can always go back to re-read, correct and maybe expand own writing. )

WenchingChiang

Post by WenchingChiang » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

Thank you for all your suggestion!

Input activity or output activity?
This question becomes a clear line to me when it comes to giving students different activities. Apparently, this writing journal is a output activity, for those students who has: 1. Chinese voice in their brain, especially heritage learners; 2. prior experience of TRPS/CI. 3. those who enjoys creating stories.
Or this can be used in Chinese level 2 and above. :D
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5iaE ... sp=sharing